1. i followed inspirations after work today and let myself go
the basil told me to go. hah, i found it, my green summery love, tucked away in the italian market, they gave me a bunch from their garden for a $1. they don’t know how much i needed this.
2. my mom, ever-burdened with an over-fruit-bearing garden, pushed this eggplant on me. disappointed with the recipes i found on google, i swiveled my chair to steve’s direction, and asked for his purple veggie secrets. goat cheese, he said. it’s all in the goat cheese.
3. i took those eggplant slivers, and smeared them with goat cheese (that the super talkative produce man located for me). dipped them in egg, and covered them with a mixture of breadcrumbs, flour, parmesan cheese, basil, and black pepper.
i prepared the dish by brushing olive oil with minced garlic, and placed each disc into it.
smothered it in dashes of tomato-basil-marinara, more fresh basil, parmesan, chunks of mozzarella, black pepper, a bit of garlic powder. bake for 30 minutes. then photograph with a bunch of basil in the background
4. that’s right.
5. i might be dating myself right now. and i might be in love with this.
6. readyyyy to eat (self-love is good, sharing is, too)
7. done. and resting. and stuck inside my head and floating. and happy, very happy. and thinking about last night, and smiling.
these days have been good, summer is beginning.